Friday, March 26, 2010

Lemon Velvet Cake

*So I realized that I started this post intending to get pictures to include and never did and the cake as been long gone, so I'll just post the recipe. It's been a week and a half ago already, so I might as well, right?

I think spring is nearly here to stay. I love this time of year. I love seeing the new life that comes and I love being able to open up my windows again after a long winter. The fresh air smells divine. Add the fresh air to the clean smell of lemon and I feel like I'm in heaven. Plus the simple elegance of this sunshiny yellow cake is perfect for the spring holiday of Easter. It's coming up, so put this on your menu. I think you'll be impressed!

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
1 3 oz. pkg lemon jello
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs
3/4 c. water


Mix the cake mix and the jello, then add oil, eggs and water. Mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. While hot, prick cake with fork and pour frosting over it.

*I usually use a bundt pan, as it adds to the elegance of the cake, but you can use whatever you'd like.


Frosting:
1 1/2-1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
Juice of 2-3 lemons


Frosting will be quite runny and will soak into the cake. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.

2 comments:

kiddle97 said...

Ok, rewind and take a picture. Thanks. ;)

Sounds divine. Mmm, lemons!

raveninthewolfden said...

wow, reading that recipe made my mouth water, and think of lemons. I think I am going to try this in the next day or so.