Saturday, April 10, 2010

BBQ'd Turkey Pockets

I love comming on this blog and seeing what others are making.  I especially love the quick and easy meals. (don't we all)  This recipe I had never tried until this evening, and I was impressed. Its above all.. the easiest thing I have made in days. My kids even liked it, they usually think pita breads look foreign and refuse to eat pita.  haha.  But they didn't hesitate this time.  I didn't get a chance to post a pic of the outcome here.. but if you wish to see one, you can click here and go directly to my blog posting.



BBQ'd Turkey Pockets
1 can Tomato soup
1/4 cup water
2tbls packed brown sugar
2 tbls vinegar
1 tbls worcestershire sauce
1 lb thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
wheat pita breads cut in half
and sliced cheese of your choice. (optional)

heat soup, water, sugar, vinegar and worcestershire in a 12 inch skillet over med. heat to a boil.
Add the turkey. Reduce the heat to low. cook until the misture is hot and bubbling.
Spoon the turkey mixture into the pita halves.
Simple as that.

No comments: